Support to Small and Medium Enterprises
With a view to supporting SMEs to attain prosperity and success, the Trade and Industry Department provides service which aims to facilitate the development of SMEs in Hong Kong and help them enhance competitiveness.
To achieve the objective, the Trade and Industry Department strives to -
- develop policy initiatives and programmes of services to enhance the competitiveness of SMEs and their long term development;
provide SMEs with a comprehensive range of free business information through the Support and Consultation Centre for SMEs, a first stop provider of business information and advisory services;
- administer SME funding schemes;
- provide secretariat support to the Small and Medium Enterprises Committee;
- participate in the SME-related activities of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation; and
- co-ordinate the efforts of the public sector and industry support organizations in supporting the development of SMEs and meeting their needs.
promote the importance of brand building, provide useful information on brand development and market exploration to the trade through the brand promotion website launched since 2010.